Tournament Schedule - the Club runs weekly tournaments for the members as well as 5 different Club Championship events spread out over the season. Click on the link at the start of this paragraph to view the Tournament Schedule.
Tournament Results - every week the Tournament Results table is updated to include the previous week's results. Click on the link at the start of this paragraph to view Tournament Results.
Brackets- each of the Club Championships has its own bracket. Click on the appropriate link to view the desired bracket.
Club Championship -Men
Club Championship- Ladies
The 27 weekly tournaments listed in the Tournament Schedule consist of 10 different events involving 1 to 4 players. Members may play the round any day within the period (Tuesday through Friday) defined in the schedule for that event, as long as the following requirements are met:
1) the round is played in the accompaniment of another member
2) the minimum number of team members is met (see the individual tournament description )
3) you must sign up on the tournament sheet in the clubhouse prior to playing,
and enter your score on the sheet after completing the round.
4) caddies are prohibited
5) the round must be played using Medal Play rules, i.e., you cannot submit a scorecard for a weekly event if the round was played under Match play rules.
6) you must submit a valid tournament scorecard for each event being played. The scorecard must include:
- Name of tournament and event
- Indicate male (M) or female (F)
- Surname of each player, with First Initial
- Current posted/adjusted handicap for the tees being played
- Indication (for Men only), if Silver Tees were used
- Signed by a member
- Attested by a second member
- Date Played
1) A weekly tournament must have a minimum of 4 valid member/team entries in order to be considered a complete tournament eligible for prize distribution.
2) A Description and Sample Scorecard for each event may be found on the website under the Site Map tab, or by clicking on a Tournament name on the Tournament Schedule web page
3) Weekly tournaments are open to all club members. The nine 18 Hole Medal /100% Handicap tournaments are separated into Men Only and Ladies Only competitions, with separate men's and ladies' prizes.
Tie Resolution (Stroke Play)- used by Tournament Coordinators to determine winners
If players are tied after 18 holes the following procedure will govern the determination of the winner:
a)Add the score for the last 9 holes and subtract ½ the players 18 hole handicap. If it is a team event do this for each member of the team and add their scores. The player, or the team with the lowest score wins.
b)If it is still a tie, utilize the same procedure using the last 6 holes with 1/3rd handicaps.
c)If it is still a tie, utilize the same procedure using the last 3 holes with 1/6th handicaps.
d)If it is still a tie, start with the 18th hole and match scores using the appropriate individual handicap for each player on that hole. If it is still a tie, go to the 17th hole, etc.
e)If after going through all 18 holes with no resolution, flip a coin.
Club Championship Events
The Club Championship events listed in the Tournament Schedule include the President’s Cup, Club Doubles Championship, Club Championship (Men), Super Senior Championship, and Club Championship (Ladies).
CHAMPIONSHIP EVENT DETAILS
||18 Hole Medal 100% Hcp
||Match Play, 100% Hcp
|Club Doubles Championship
||2BallBest Ball Medal 100% Hcp
||2BallBest Ball Match Play, 100% Hcp
|Club Championship (Men)
||18 Hole Medal No Handicap,White tees
||Match Play, No Handicap, White tees
Super Senior Championship
18 Hole Medal No Handicap, Silver Tees
Match Play, No Handicap, Silver Tees
|80 & over
Club Championship (Ladies)
No Qualifying Round, sign up required
Match Play, 100% Hcp
1) Member must sign up before playing, then play and submit a scorecard for one (1) qualifying round during the qualifying period defined in the Tournament schedule.
2) Championship rounds are organized as a single elimination bracket format. Participants must play all rounds from the tees used in their qualifying round.
3) Qualifying round is used to determine Championship Round participants and bracket seeding
Rules for Championship Events
1) All Championship final matches, except for the Doubles Championship, will be played/observed in a group consisting of the two competitors, each of which will be accompanied during the round by one of the two "Officials" (Referee and Observer) selected by the Tournament Chairman.
2) Caddies are prohibited.
3) Spectators are considered "outside agencies" according to the Rules of Golf, and may not provide assistance or advice to the competitors.
4) Brackets are determined and matches are scheduled by the tournament coordinator.
5) Brackets are posted on the bulletin board at Crab Meadow and on the web site.
6) All Championship matches are played using Match Play rules. A participant in a Championship Match play event cannot submit a scorecard, using the match play score, for the club's weekly medal play event.
7) Scorecards for Championship qualifying and tournament rounds must be marked with the name of the Championship Event, e.g. "SUPER SENIOR QUALIFYING ROUND" or "PRESIDENT’S CUP MATCH".